Beauty,

3 Steps To Exfoliate Your Lips

7:46:00 AM Fristine 0 Comments


Don't you guys hate it when your matte lipsticks emphasize the flaws of your lips? Whether it's drying or not exfoliated enough that you can see cracks everywhere. It's just a horrifying experience that I can relate to. So I have a solution which I hope will work for you guys as it worked for me. This can be done every day or every other day depends on how dry your lips are.

(Disclaimer: I'm not a professional, this is just what I do with my lips, so do this at your own risk.)
This can be done as a night or day regimen since all of the products can be used as a lip balm anyway.




1.GENTLY Brush your lips with a soft, clean toothbrush.
-  This will remove the dry skin from your lips. Be sure to buy a soft toothbrush to avoid irritation in your lips. AND I will emphasize again, brush your lips GENTLY. If you don't, your lips might bleed and it's a nasty experience. Also, you will not use any toothpaste or soap, just a clean toothbrush. A suggestion I would share is have a brush solely for your lips.

2. Apply any of the following products overnight or before you start your day:
(Choose only one)

- Petroleum Jelly
I use Apollo brand which is available at almost every drugstore nation wide. (You can use other brands as well like Vaseline) This is not my go-to product whenever I do this routine but this can also be used as a moisturizer. It prevents cracking of the skin which is usually what happens for dry lips. I don't use this as much for my lips since I prefer using this whenever I have small scratches and burns since this is really effective. Anyways, I love this product.


- Moisturizing Lip Balm (E.g. Maybelline Baby Lips, Chapstick, EOS)
I'm using Maybelline Baby Lips Lipbalm which I reviewed right here. I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS PRODUCT. This is my favorite lip balm E V E R. This is a tinted lip balm which can really moisturize your lips like crazy. If you want a more detailed review I have it posted.


- Nivea Creme
Like Apollo petoleum jelly, this is also a multi purpose product. It can moisturize almost anything and can be used as a make-up remover at the same time. PLUS, it's also older than me which is a great evidence that this product really is good. For a detailed review, I have it posted right here. If you're going to use this during the day, be sure to use a small amount because the consistency of this product is really thick.

3. Keep yourself hydrated throughout the day.
- Be sure to drink lots of water so as to prevent your lips from drying. If you're dehydrated, it's only natural for your lips to start drying up even after moisturizing it overnight. SO THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT for maintenance.

I hope this routine works for you guys!


Love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Hey love! Thank you for sharing your idea. Everyone is welcome to comment and share their thoughts. Although, please be mindful if you're going to be saying anything negative, as this blog purely focuses on sharing joy and love. Cheers!