Beauty Thoughts,

Change The Way You See Beauty

3:41:00 AM Fristine 0 Comments


"Beauty without heart is like a dull mannequin - it lacks glow."


First of all,


Beauty, as defined by Merriam-Webster dictionary, is the quality of being physically attractive. Sounds legit coming from the dictionary, right? I mean there's no question that this is a correct definition. I used to think that way too. You see, we were raised by the society to think that beauty on the outside matters. Which it does. BUT sometimes, we put so much importance in it that it overshadows beliefs that are more special than an attractive physical appearance.  

It's more than that. 

Beauty is much more than just on the outside. As ironic as it was, society also taught me to think deeper and not be blinded by the trend of beauty nowadays. I learned from people who inspire others as well. Plus the big influence my dad taught me while I was growing up. 

I'm a "kikay" 20-year old woman who loves makeup and anything related to beauty. I love reading articles from beauty bloggers on how to have great skin, lips, etc. Basically, all the things they can suggest to make myself more beautiful on the outside. Moreover, their reviews on beauty products helped me a lot. These in turn, prompt me to make my own beauty and lifestyle blog which consists of product reviews, tips and the like on anything related to beauty. Thus, I regard beauty as an important aspect in my life. And there's nothing wrong with that. Having something to be passionate about is good for us. 

HOWEVER,


What's shallow is putting so much effort on being physically attractive that you lose your care for the world. At some point in my life, I've become that person. Back in high school and college, I always wanted to impress others with how I look even to the point that I couldn't go out without makeup to cover my blemishes. What I was thinking back then was, If I could look good, I can feel good. But there was always that empty feeling somewhere in my heart.


Funny thing was, my dad would always tell me that being attractive is nothing if you don't have qualities that will make you a good person. And such a kid that I am, I ignore him thinking that it was just a common sermon that parents make.

But slowly, as I was growing up, I saw beauty for what it was. Its glow shines so bright that you can see a beautiful person with just one look. And the catch was, it's not based on outer appearance. BUT RATHER, the good inside.

via GIPHY

I saw fellow students from my school strive hard for their dreams and help others along the way. I saw heroes save stranded victims from natural calamities. I saw teachers very passionately pass their knowledge to their students in hopes that they would apply it for the betterment of their lives. I saw celebrities represent people who can't defend themselves and want to be heard. I saw my friends go through lengths just to help me whenever I need them. I saw my siblings support me in goals that I'm passionate about. I saw unprivileged people smile and pray as if they're  thankful for what they have. I saw my dad work very hard to raise us single handedly. 



Lastly, I saw myself shine whenever I do something good.


AND ALL THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL.


As such, this motivated me to change my outlook in beauty.



via GIPHY

As Audrey Hepburn once said, "The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mode but the true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul. It is the caring that she lovingly gives the passion that she shows. The beauty of a woman grows with the passing years." 


So heed my words my dear readers, 


No matter how beautiful you are on the outside, if you don't have a good personality, you'll never be truly beautiful. Since your bad attitude will outshine your beauty. 

Moving on,


As a blogger and youtuber, I feel that a camera is a staple need for me. Since I shoot photos for my blog and videos for Youtube, I'm looking for top cameras which can deliver high quality results. Most of us would consider buying an slr or a high-end point and shoot camera, however not all of us can afford to pay extra for cameras. It can also be a burden if you're travelling because of its size. So I personally use my phone with my blog photos and youtube videos. The sad thing is the camera of my phone is average so I need to work extra hard with editing. But with Huawei P9, mobile photography is redefined. Its camera is amazingly co-engineered with Leica. So what is Leica? I researched from the company's website that it produces high quality cameras. To know more about their partnered company visit their website here.


The partnership is amazing because we will see an extraordinary partnership which created a cell phone with not just one, but two lenses! Yes, you heard it right. The main feature of Huawei P9 that breaks away from other phones is its dual lenses which can capture high quality photos (we ALL need this). It also has other amazing camera features as well. Users are free to shoot undeniably amazing monochrome, slo-mo, colored light painting photos. AND according to their website, it also features a professional camera effect which means that you have access on settings which cameras have like aperture, monochrome, and professional mode. Who needs a camera when you have Huawei P9?

For more information, you can visit their website:
http://consumer.huawei.com/en/mobile-phones/p9/index.html

Or watch their commercial right here:





Love,

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Hey love! Thank you for sharing your idea. Everyone is welcome to comment and share their thoughts. Although, please be mindful if you're going to be saying anything negative, as this blog purely focuses on sharing joy and love. Cheers!