Affordable Makeup,

Ever Bilena Shade Lipstick Review with Swatches

10:46:00 PM Fristine 2 Comments


Affordable lippies, anyone?

Lipsticks are trending nowadays. From the coveted matte lipsticks to dazzling liquid lipsticks, lippies have a wide range of designs. This is why I can't stop going GA-GA over them. BUT, as we all know a lot of popular lippies are really expensive and makes a dent in our precious savings. (Even the drugstore ones, to be honest)

I chanced upon a makeup sale at Shopwise. Selected cosmetics on Maybelline and Ever Bilena were half off so I browsed the shelf. I skipped Maybelline because Ever Bilena is much cheaper. So I just focused on Ever Bilena. (By the way, it is a local brand in the Philippines which sells cheap quality cosmetic products). They have two lines of buy one take one lipsticks. The other was a normal lipstick but what stood out was the Ever Bilena Shade Lipstick which has a buy one take one promo for only 95 pesos.

95 Pesos for two lipsticks!


This is how it looks like. Personally, I don't like how the packaging was designed because I prefer sleek simple lipsticks like EB Matte. The design of this line is just overwhelming and over the top. It's plastic, and like the classic design, you have to twist it. However, what I noticed was it was hard to twist at times because it gets stuck.


What attracted me to this lipstick was its unique center. I was really wondering what the white was. The saleslady told me that it's a moisturizer which is a PLUS since there are lipsticks that are drying to the lips. I'm hoping this one doesn't.


I bought the bundle with the Rosy Mirage which is a pinkish nude color and Red Vixen which should be a classic Marilyn Monroe red. There are a lot of choices but it came with bundles of two. I wanted to have a nude plus a red so I chose this.


The colors are sheer and it reminds me of a lip balm. The texture of the product is very smooth which makes the lippie glide to your lips perfectly. Based on the swatches in my hand, the colors were true to the packaging.


Okay, so the red vixen was a little lighter than what I imagined it to be in the camera. BUT, in person it was reddish orange which is a great color. The rose mirage, on the other hand, turned out great. All in all, I have no problems with the colors. 

Although it's very sheer, you can just apply and apply again because it's really light on the lips and does not give off that heaviness that most lipsticks do. PLUS, it does moisturize your lips really well.

For the longevity, I applied the Rose Mirage at 6pm and I snapped a picture of my lips after 4 hours: 10:00 pm. 

As you can see, the color is still there and you can't see any patches gone which I'm surprised about since it transfers. I was really shocked because I expected the color to almost vanish because of its price and the fact that it transfers to everything. 

Summary:
Price: 5/5
Packaging: 2/5
Availability: 5/5
Product: 4/5
Longevity: 5/5

Verdict:
I am totally in love with this product because it's like a tinted lip balm in its moisturizing effect. It does not dry my lips at all. In addition, it's light on the lips. Plus, it's only 95 pesos! I am going to buy another for sure.



Love,

You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. Great review! I've always been curious with their performance, so I'm surprised when you said that it stays on for a long time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thank you! Ever Bilena produces awesome lipsticks, check it out 😊

      Delete

Hey love! Thank you for sharing your idea. Everyone is welcome to comment and share their thoughts. Although, please be mindful if you're going to be saying anything negative, as this blog purely focuses on sharing joy and love. Cheers!