Diary,

Starting Over is the Hardest Thing I Had to Do

10:34:00 PM Fristine 0 Comments



Some people say that the hardest thing in life is giving your all and failing - having disappointing results. It's either you didn't pass an exam you stayed up late for or rather you courted someone in a very long time but it still came out as a one-sided love and, let's be honest, many many more. I'll admit, I used to think this way. You see, what's worse than having your hard earned work put to trash?  

used to think nothing. 

What's the point of trying again when I have been rejected a couple of times? Is it even worth the effort?

These kinds of toxic questions have circulated my mind for a very long time. And you know what? It made me into this negative person I didn't know. And I didn't want to get to know, ever.  Because with this mentality, I sucked my dreams and threw it in archive, hidden in my mind - making time pass without ever trying to reach them. 

What's the point of trying? I asked myself again. I kept thinking that I should just let it be. If it's for me, then it's for me, no amount of effort can change that. 

This is wrong. I encourage you not to think this way. 

Instead, think like this, I received another failure but I have to keep trying, trying until I reach my goal, my dream. Let me tell you the truth, there are a few lucky people who got success on their first try. What can you do? It's written in their fates. For the most of us, it's not. People work hard to get where they are. Do you think big businesses like Mcdonald's, Lazada or even famous celebrities like Ariana Grande or Taylor Swift, got to where they are without failing and starting over? No, I might not know them personally  but I know this because I grew up reading tons of news and articles about success stories. 

Now, I'm going to tell you my story. I did blogging back in 2016, it was, what I can say, a booming popularity. In just a few months, I had quite a few brand deals accepted. I did earn money from my articles. I was happy, a bit overwhelmed, but ecstatic nevertheless. As months passed, my site did very well - even having first page searches on some topics. It was amazing and overwhelming at the same time. Self confidence and a love for writing were what I gained in those months. I was invited in events and even won contests on writing. To me, it was everything.

But life is very tricky. 

I grew tired of posting new articles. There were months where I stopped updating. I wasn't answering my emails and I just grew really lazy. Back then I multi tasked, blogging and my work. What I did was focus on my work and in turn, forgot all about my hobby. It wasn't a failure of a proposal that got me, it was a failure in my actions that killed my happiness. 

I forgot to manage my time really well. Because if you love something, you will make time for it even on your busiest days. 

I was lost. Eventually, I had to shut down my blog. And because I was in disarray, I also closed my social media accounts - Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. In my mind I was just giving myself a breather - from everything. It took me more than a year to realize how stupid I was of letting the opportunity I had to grow big. 

And now here I am, starting over again - with a new website, social media accounts and my very first post. 

The reason why starting over is a very hard thing to do is because it's hard to get the courage to stand up again - to do what you already did before. 

And I encourage you to do just that. 

If you love something, don't ever be afraid to start over again - to face failure and say "F*ck off". 

I am Fris and welcome to my blog. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Hey love! Thank you for sharing your idea. Everyone is welcome to comment and share their thoughts. Although, please be mindful if you're going to be saying anything negative, as this blog purely focuses on sharing joy and love. Cheers!