Face Mask,

Pretty Secret Honey Black Detox Mask Review

10:28:00 PM Fristine 1 Comments


Before I start my review, I want to ask all of you to take a moment and pray for all the victims of gun violence this week. :( It is really devastating to think that humans are capable of such horrendous acts. 





On a positive note, I tried this Pretty Secret Honey Black Detox mask yesterday. It was my first time actually. I never really buy masks because I find them expensive. My friend asked me to write a review about this before she gave it to me. So here it is. 



I find the package interesting mainly because it's black. It actually reminds me of charcoal-themed beauty products. Moreover, whenever I browse beauty products at dept. stores / Watsons, I usually see masks with clean/ white packaging. There is also a rip guide (don't know what it's called haha) at the top so it'll be easy for you to open. 


The product includes only a wet black mask. So I suggest for you guys to wash your hands first before opening the product. Moving on, the texture of the mask is thick. It's a soft cloth so it's really relaxing on your face.

Tip #1: Wash the mask and re-use it using your own natural ingredients. (E.g. honey) (I'll try this too) 

Anyway, it claims to brighten dull skin while moisturizing and soothing it. 
Because I'm a mask newbie, I read the instructions first:

Directions: 
1. Wash face with clean water and pat dry.
2. Apply the mask on your face and leave it for 15-20 minutes then remove mask. 
3. Gently massage the remaining essence until thoroughly absorbed. (No cleansing required)

Warning: scary picture ahead.


Yes that's me using the product...I look like a ghost...lol. Anyway, the mask itself was pretty big on my face but it's not a problem because it sticks really well. I just included a portion of my chin in the mask. It smells okay I guess. I only have one problem though. The liquid is honey so it's really sticky. I felt really uncomfortable because of this. Nevertheless, it was a good experience whenever you have the time to pamper yourself. 

Tip #2: try adding cucumber to have a salon worthy experience. 

#3 of the directions included in the package states that it's okay for you not to wash your face afterwards. I tried it but my face got itchy so I had to wash it after an hour or so. 

My result picture is the day after I used the product so we can see if it really worked. 



Ta daa. That's my face without make-up and filter. You can see my blemishes.  my face appear dewy instead of its natural super oily look. It did brighten my skin a little and it feels soft. 

Verdict:
If I have extra cash and feel I need a pamper moment, I'll buy again. However, I'd rather invest my money with a cream type moisturizer because you can use it for a long time compared to masks. Btw, my friend told me that she bought this for 50 plus pesos. 

Love,

You Might Also Like

1 comment:

Hey love! Thank you for sharing your idea. Everyone is welcome to comment and share their thoughts. Although, please be mindful if you're going to be saying anything negative, as this blog purely focuses on sharing joy and love. Cheers!