advice,

8 Life - Changing Quotes from Don Soriano's Break Free + A Book Review

9:33:00 AM Fristine 6 Comments


(All gifs are from giphy and their respectful owners unless stated otherwise.)

Reading has always been a great hobby for people. However, there are different books which gives readers different kinds of experience. Whenever you allot your time to this hobby, your immersed in different views, and it's surreal.



via GIPHY

Don Soriano's Break Free: 8 principles to get from employee to employer in 3 years or less gives a whole different meaning to giving others life - changing lessons.


 The one unique thing about this book is that it's a portable, convenient and an inspiring short read. It has a total of 81 pages with detailed and interesting principles on how you can break free from your bad habits. What I like about this book is that it's very detailed, the author showed a step by step guide on how you can be successful. I feel like it's very helpful to me, especially because I haven't experienced a lot in life yet. Therefore, I'm not used to failures in such a grandeur and so I don't know what path to take for me to avoid massive disappointments. Well, this book really explain what you should and shouldn't do and it portrayed it in a way that you can agree to each point. There are times in the book where I would go, I haven't thought of that but that's a good point and so I'm learning with every flip of a page.

The 8 principles on the other hand, looks self explanatory but then when he explained, he gave informative examples which fits the lessons perfectly. He even gave illustrations and equations on how you can save money which is very helpful for people who aren't too keen on accounting their money (including me). This is a very influential book because it lets you learn things you thought you knew but really haven't scratched the surface yet.


via GIPHY
Because I was so affected by this book, I decided to compile short quotes from each principles that hit me hard. (let this be a quick sneak peek of the book for you because I don't want to spoil too much)


via GIPHY
1. "Being emotional allows smart people to make dumb decisions."


via GIPHY
2. "The best investment is investing yourself through continuous self- development."

via GIPHY
3. " If you don't sacrifice a little in the short term, you'll suffer a lot in the long term."

via GIPHY
4. " You will never achieve what you set out to do just by yourself"


via GIPHY
5. " You're positioned to fail because you have yourself at a point of disadvantage."


via GIPHY
6.  "Where we spend our time and who we spend it has a significant effect on who we become."


via GIPHY
7.  " Real financial freedom is not about the money rather the mindset that can bring in money, preserve wealth and grow it."


via GIPHY
8. "You are stopping you. If you learn to master yourself, you can master the world."
 - My personal favorite because I can relate 100%. I've always delayed what I wanted to do just like what I did with my blog. I've wanted to started a blog 2 years ago but I didn't because I've always doubted myself and now here I am, my blog is almost in its anniversary and at about 50 + thousand views. - I couldn't be happier.

I originally wanted to add information to the eight quotes I posted but then I thought that it wouldn't do justice to Don Soriano's explanation in his book. As an avid reader, for me Break Free is a book worth your time  and money especially if you're in the time in your life wherein you're confused on what to do in your future. Also, to top it off, it's based from his experience - failures and success which he showed in the book. Moreover, his emotions on each experience were well expressed. You could feel his change throughout the book. And at the end, it makes you wonder about how you're doing in your life right now. For me, being aware of where you are right now,  or whether you are living more than you can afford and such,  can really help a long way. Really, this is a shortcut guide to success.


Friends, if you want to get a copy (and I think you should) this book is worth Php 300.00 and it can be bought at: www.facebook.com/iamdonsoriano. So far, this hasn't been published in stores yet so you can find a copy by contacting Don Soriano himself.

P.S. While you're at it, you can ask him for advice, too. ;)

You Might Also Like

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. It seems a really interesting read. And I particularly love quote n.2. I'm still struggling to fight myself taking decisions emotionally but I'm definitely working on that.

    Milla
    www.yogiwithwanderlust.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post! That sounds like a great read :-) I'll need to check if I can find it somewhere someday soon, would love to read this :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds like a great motivation and self-awareness booster.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great quotes! This is what we need every morning to feel more confident and motivated

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great quotes! like #2!
    xo, Margot
    http://thepastelproject.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this! Love the nuggets of wisdom.

    ReplyDelete

Hey love! Thank you for sharing your idea. Everyone is welcome to comment and share their thoughts. Although, please be mindful if you're going to be saying anything negative, as this blog purely focuses on sharing joy and love. Cheers!