Diary,

I'm Lost

8:30:00 AM Fristine 0 Comments



To be honest, I'm not in the best state - extremely far away from the best version of myself, I would say. Well, the best version that I could think of - my dream, my goal, the person I envisioned I would be in, back when I knew nothing, back when I thought the world would be a piece of cake - an easy journey, a walk in the park.

To others, they may see me as someone whose enjoying life with a nice job, a creative hobby, a set of wonderful friends  and a stable roof above my head. To me, I see the flaws I have with my bad habit of overthinking things, of cutting people off harshly, of being shallow and naive, of being lazy and many, many more.

For a week I've been trying to hold it together - my stress, my problems, my thoughts. And I've been getting through with binge eating, distraction from games I could play, from excessively browsing social media.

Well, it's not shocking how it got me nowhere. 

Here I am, lost again.

"I'm stuck." I would say to myself.

"I'm doing great." I would tell my friends.

And as I sat and ponder on my thoughts, sip on my coffee and reflect on the things I could do better, I start to remember who I am - my goals, my dreams, myself. I was in a state of lost for reasons I created, for the monsters that were conjured by my own thoughts and feelings.


Here I am, spilling everything with words I typed just like a water free flowing, my thoughts guide the words I write. The block that has been bothering me for a week now, is starting to clear up.

For everyone who feels lost right at this moment, I just want you to know that it's okay to feel this way - to feel empty. It's natural. Life will not always be rainbows and sunshine. There will be times where in you will need a bucket of ice cream to cool your emotions and that's okay. Be like that.

But don't be stuck in it.

Sit down when you're ready, take a deep breath, play a slow relaxing song, and let your thoughts flow. Make a plan on how you will get back up, outline your points if necessary and continue your journey.

Start where you left off.  

It's okay if you're still on your way to being your best self. As long as you're in that journey towards the goal you have, it's always going to be satisfying. 


 

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Hey love! Thank you for sharing your idea. Everyone is welcome to comment and share their thoughts. Although, please be mindful if you're going to be saying anything negative, as this blog purely focuses on sharing joy and love. Cheers!